We have arrived at our destination. My husband’s parents’ house where we will stay until Friday. I’m tired. Really, really tired. So here is a short synopsis of our trip so far:
- Left Sunday afternoon headed toward Pocatello, Idaho.
- Arrived a Pocatello around 8 p.m. Was glad to know that the KOA has a late night check-in board. Found our space. Went to sleep around 9:30.
- Got up around 8 a.m. and headed out around 8:45.
- Went through pouring rain, rain, and more rain through Utah and then, of course, snow in one of the mountain passes.
- Arrived in Farmington, New Mexico at 8 p.m. Was informed that I had to get up early and take my in-laws’ car to a mechanic. Did I mention I don’t like navigating in new places? Oh well.
- Went to sleep sometime after 10.
- Got up early and took the car to the mechanic with the help of Henrietta (that’s what we call Google’s female A.I. driving directions navigator)
- Can’t log in to Wi-Fi. Re-booted my in-law’s router so that I don’t have to use up my data on my phone. Got logged in to their network.
- Meanwhile my husband has been cleaning his parent’s bathroom for the past two hours. I think it is turning into more of a bathroom re-model as he now has caulk, boards, nails, hammers. I don’t get that detailed when I clean a bathroom.
- My job doesn’t start until 2 p.m. I’m the designated cook for the week. It’s only 10:51 now so I have some time to write this.